A message from our Chairman:
Dore Neighbourhood Plan
“After considerable delay due to CV19 Sheffield City Council is launching as required by law a public consultation on the Dore Neighbourhood Plan as the Dore Neighbourhood Forum submitted it to them in September 2019. The consultation will be launched on Tuesday 14 September and will last for 6 weeks. For fuller details on the consultation please see the Dore Neighbourhood Forum and Plan page on this website or visit the City Council website at https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/planning-development/neighbourhood-planning. The Society strongly recommends that Dore folk take the opportunity to show their strong support for the submitted Dore Plan, which your Forum and its Steering Group have worked on for 4 years or so, by responding to this consultation.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- An application has been made to renew the status of Dore Village Society as the designated neighbourhood forum for the Dore Neighbourhood Ar …
- Church HallThe Parish Church Council (PCC) met on 12th February to review comments, questions and suggestions which were received, both ve …
- Dear supporters The Council have now formally invited the campaign to begin initial talks and the invitation has been accepted …
- Dore Methodist Church Ladies Tuesday Group‘British Schindler’, Tim Mulroy. An uplifting story.Meeting will be held commencing at 7.30pm in Dore Methodist Church Hall.Visitors w …
- General Maintenance and garden work. Volunteers meet at the main gate to the gardens (next to Whirlowbrook Park) at 9.30am.
- Houseplants and Wellbeing, Debbie at Moonko of SheffieldMeet Dore Methodist Church Hall, 7.30pm. Visitors welcome £3.