A message from our Chairman:
“If you want your Dore Neighbourhood Plan to influence planning decisions in Dore vote YES"
“If you want your Dore Neighbourhood Plan to influence planning decisions in Dore vote YES at the referendum on Thursday 12 August to be held at Dore Old School and Dore & Totley United Reform Church. Official poll notices are being sent to electors now. To read more about the referendum and the Plan see the first Latest News item below and follow the link HERE.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Polling cards will be issued in days for the Referendum to be held on Thursday 12 August from 07.00 to 22.00 to determine the fate of the Do …
- On 21 May 2021 the Dore Village Society’s Committee of Trustees is joining with other organisations and many concerned individuals acr …
- Follow the Dore Village Society Living Advent Calendar trail through Dore day-by-day in December 2020.http://bit.ly/DVS2020Advent
- Sand and repaint some benches**to be postponed to 2022 if schedule slips - please email to check
- Clear heather beds by drive.Cut back laurels on drive near the entrance.Weed flower beds on lawn.
- General Maintenance and garden work. Volunteers meet at the main gate to the gardens (next to Whirlowbrook Park) at 9.30am.