A message from our Chairman:
Dore Village Lantern Parade 2021
“The popular Dore Village Christmas Lantern Parade will take place this year on Wednesday 1st December. Full details will be released nearer the time, and will be in the winter edition of Dore to Door magazine.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Polling cards will be issued in days for the Referendum to be held on Thursday 12 August from 07.00 to 22.00 to determine the fate of the Do …
- On 21 May 2021 the Dore Village Society’s Committee of Trustees is joining with other organisations and many concerned individuals acr …
- Follow the Dore Village Society Living Advent Calendar trail through Dore day-by-day in December 2020.http://bit.ly/DVS2020Advent
- Saturday 6th November9:45 - 12:15General gardening and maintenance.Meet on the green near the top park in Whirlow Brook Park.
- We drive to the pay and display car park in Baslow and then walk through Chatsworth Park along the river to the bridge near Beeley, then uphill to the woods above Chatsworth House, along past th …
- General Maintenance and garden work. Volunteers meet at the main gate to the gardens (next to Whirlowbrook Park) at 9.30am.